Followers

Alibaba...... Treasure Cave Looting continue 2018

Alibaba continued to be my favorite "treasure Cave" in 2018. However unlike in 2017, I'm very conscious about BABA high share price. After a good 100% run up from base $90, this stock is no longer considered "under value" based on my assessment. Hence, I deployed a totally different trading strategy for this time. I don't feel "Buy and hold" trades will be the right strategy as compared to my old trade in 2017 (Refer to my previous posting on Alibaba). My "short term swing" trade strategy kicked in early 2018.

I had make several short term trades from Jan to June 2018, whenever I felt the price was right at that moment. It turn up to be right calls to loot this "Treasure Cave" again and again. Within 6 months, my trading profits net at $18,997 after minus commission.

After June, I stopped making new trades on this counter and took a break from the market. There was a shift in the macro economic conditions, trade war heating up and the market indices were reaching its peaks. I was hoping for a market correction to happen. Mr. market presented a great opportunity to trade again when the correction really took place in Nov/Dec. Without hesitate, I "ransacked"/buy call on this Treasure Cave again at end of 2018. I will write about this on different posting later. 

 " Having a clear "Exit" strategy is the most important plan that every investor should know before making new trade."

I will write about Singapore Market on my next posting.

-WILLIAM CHENG WL



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keppel Corp..... Update 2.0

  It is not easy to have an opportunity to acquire a great company at below intrinsic value. It's almost non existence during normal ti...