Followers

Green Investing..... making impact with your money

Recently, I watched a documentary titled "An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power " by former Vice President Al Gore. This film is about making an impact on climate through government supports on  policies change and corporate's responsibility. Really good enlightenment  movie and I would encourage everyone to watch it if you really care about Mother Earth.


I'm not going to give a long lecture on climate change here in my blog. I will let the movie do all the talking. So, what can we as investors do to make a different for our environment? The answer found in "Green Investment" or "Eco-Investment" which gaining popularity in recent years.

           Eco-investing or green investing, is a form of socially responsible investing where investments are made in companies that support or provide environmentally friendly products and practices.





Putting your hard earned cash in companies that invested heavily on environment initiatives doesn't means it will not be highly profitable. Looking back at my past investments in those companies that give me some of the be best returns. Plus, you will gains more than just dollars in long run. The keywords is "Sustainability" for long term. Some examples of my green investments:

Starbucks - plans to create 10,000 eco-friendly stores globally by 2025, eliminate single used plastic straws by 2020, support sustainable coffee beans farming.

Apple - target zero carbon footprint with 100% renewable energy, design products with highly recyclable.

Capitaland -  ranked in the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World index, 93% of CapitaLand’s buildings has a Green Mark Gold rating.




Of course, I did invest in companies that not so Eco-friendly in the past which I had regretted. Some of the energy hungry, polluters, high carbon footprint companies like SembCorp, SembMarine, Sumatec and Noble. Moving forward, I will avoid investing in those companies and allocate more capital funds for green investments. I encourage you to rethink about your investment's objective and do your part as "socially responsible investor".

Here, I would like to end the posting with one of my favorite song " Don't Be Afraid" (Fist Fight theme song) - by HANA. Enjoy.

- WILLIAM CHENG WL




No comments:

Post a Comment

Keppel Corp..... Update 2.0

  It is not easy to have an opportunity to acquire a great company at below intrinsic value. It's almost non existence during normal ti...